2 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbs cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg yolk
2 Tbs butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1tsp coconut extract
1/2-3/4 cup shredded un-sweetened coconut whipped cream
toasted coconut flakes (optional)
1.In a large saucepan add milk, sugar, cornstarch, salt, egg and egg yolk.
2. Continuously whisk over medium high heat until thick and bubbly.
3. Remove from heat and whisk in butter, coconut extract and vanilla extract until butter is melted.
4. Whisk in coconut until it is evenly distributed.
5. Place plastic wrap over the top of pudding and place in refrigerator until cool.
6. Serve with whipped cream and toasted coconut flakes (optional)